Thursday, April 16, 2009

Apostrophes are no where to be found!

I am sitting in the computer cluster at school right now, and I have noticed that I cannot type apostrophes! The keyboard layout is very funky. Thus, I have stopped the use of contractions. It occurred to me that the Japanese language does not really use apostrophes, so why waste valuable keyboard real estate with it? Instead of the apostrophe, they have : instead. Aha, I found it! It's shift+7, not very intuitive. ;)

I will update later tonight when I return home. Last night was very busy -- my attending and the chair took us all out for a very nice dinner and drinks. It was interesting how casual the atmosphere was, even though we were out with all the bigwigs. So much fun, I will give you a proper recap soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment